The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Only Ones

Sometimes people do horrifying things. Take, for instance, Richmond Phillips, a D.C. police officer, who allegedly shot his baby mama and then left their infant daughter to die in a hot car. Yes, you read that right. A police officer is being charged with the murders of his mistress and his daughter.


Phillips was arrested in June 2011 after 20-year-old Wynetta Wright was found dead in the park where the two met. Their daughter Jaylin was found dead in her car seat with the doors closed and the windows rolled up. She was days shy of her first birthday.


For those who would hold ANY Police Officer as the most purest persons who only THEY should be allowed to possess a firearm, look at that story above.

I used to be an Auxiliary Police Officer, basically an unpaid volunteer, and a Licensed Security Officer with the power of arrest.  I got out of the Law Enforcement field because I was tired of working with people I couldn't trust.

Yes that's right, I couldn't TRUST fellow officers with my life.

I reported many abuses of people Rights by fully P.O.S.T. Certified Police Officers to my superiors.  The result was I got pulled and put in the Jail, processing prisoners.  After 3 months of getting called in for all the crap shifts, 2 hours here, 17 hours there, and I was doing this without pay as a volunteer, and still trying to work my real job at the security company.  When I got called in to my real jobs office and "Counseled" about making claims against officers in "error", and my schedule was cut from 50+ hours to barely 20 a week.  I finally said the HELL with it and got out.

Cops, for the most part are good and honest.  However there is a growing percentage of officers, who are not in Law Enforcement to help people and to "Serve and Protect", but for the rush of power over another.  The thrill of a pursuit followed by the arrest, gives them a high feeling.  And they CRAVE that more than any junkie craves a fix.

And it is this growing population of thrill seekers which are more concerned with their "fix" than the Rights of the people they are supposed to "Serve"

And the Leftists and the apologists want to give these people more authority, and to take away more of our Rights, because the Police are the "only ones" (Stealing from Dave Codrea) who can be trusted with dangerous guns.

Be careful who you put your trust into.  As they have the same foibles as everyone else.  The putting on of a little metal badge doesn't grant that person the morals and intentions of the purest driven snow.

Voters and Politicians should remember that.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Excellent point! And many have NO background checks anymore...