The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Saturday, January 12, 2013

KTD Project update

Well, I have some good news and some bad news.

Good news a friend of mine has created a small program which allows me to automtically create the proper html so you can view the extra files that I put together properly through a browser.  Making it much easier toaccess the files you want and to navigate them properly.  I have tested them under windows and they work very good.

Bad news, Knoppix has an issue with how the new html for the Extra files are written, and is giving me fits.

The hope is to get the file working properly so anyone who has already created or purchased a KTD Project drive can just download a small (Under 30kb) file and write it to their drive.  Then they could navigate all of their files through the Iceweasel browser in Knoppix, or their Windows Internet Browser (IE, FF, Safarii, etc) if they are just using it for it's library function.

My friend who wrote the little program for me is aware of the problem and is looking for a solution.

The end hope is that when we are done, you will download the one file and copy it to your drive and copy 1 file to the Knoppix desktop.  Clicking on that would automatically load Iceweasel and you would have a page the presents you with two links.

One for accessing the CD3WD files, the other for accessing the  Extra files section.

I, Scott and my friend, who when I asked him if he wanted credit for his work, gave me a response that tells me he reads Bujold, a reward for a good job is another job, and no thanks, but the three of us are working on making this the best we can, while taking all the brainwork and confusion out of it as much as possible. 

(I probably should have made that 2 or even 3 sentences, talk about a run-on sentence.)

So let it be known "I" at least have no intention of letting this project go idle.  We are constantly trying to find ways to improve it and make it easier to use, and I hope I can get a few things on my hard drive cleaned up enough and get the missing pieces, so they can be added to the extra files section.

If you are knowledgeable in Debian/Knoppix and would like to help, my E-mail is over there on the right under where it says "Send a Missive"  Please use the GreyLocke e-mail address as the other ones isn't checked that often.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Sorry, I'm NO help on this one...

Mark/GreyLocke said...

It's not an issue really, I'm just hoping I can interest some whiz bang Linux devotee to take an interest to help with parts of this. I'm not ashamed to say, I know when I am in over my head.