The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Saturday, September 3, 2016

FEG replacement grips

If you have purchased a FEG, either one of the PA-63's, AP 765's or AP MBP's, you probably got one with the thumbrest left grip panel.

I have 2 of the AP 765's with that thumbrest grip, and I don't particularly like that.  Since I shoot left and right handed, I've been looking for a place to get a set of plain flat grips other than Marschal Grips, which is VERY pricey, close to 1/3rd or more than what many of us pay for the original pistol.

So I was checking on E-bay and I found this gentleperson:  tillander637

And I now have one set of the following on their way to me.

copyright tillander637

copyright tillander637
The grips come with the proper escutcheon screw and escutcheon already installed.

If you have a FEG and would like a new set of grips for it, the link to tillander637's auction for them is:

Custom Grips for FEG PA-63, PA-675 Black

tillander637 also has other grips and other colors as well.

Walther PP/K, Tokarev, FIE, Beretta, Bersa, STAR, Astra, Browning, Taurus, CZ, and several others.  check out the link I posted at the top to go to their E-bay page.

And out of over 2500 feedback, there are only 2 negative ones.

One saying "It needed fitting" when the auction CLEARLY states that some might need fitting.

and another I'll just copy paste:

"was not a tight fit almost a 1/8" gap on the bottom on my naa 22lr

Reply by tillander637 (May-30-16 17:15): Photo clearly shows no gap; buyer had item for 7 weeks, no reports of problem"

Yeah 7 weeks from time you receive something and you finally post feedback?  And some things need fitting?  My bet is the person tried to fit it themselves and screwed up and is now trying to get something for free because THEY screwed up.

I also found a Neutral feedback that says "Looks like a toy" is doesn't say what type of grip it's for, but some of the small derringer grips DO look like toys, but then again so do some modern firearms.

There was also a neutral that basically said "Thanks", then why a neutral rating?

And the third and last neutral said "Required hand filing to make fit otherwise ok"

Seriously?  tillander637 says in the auctions, "May require fitting" and you're going to complain?

I have YET in all my years of shooting, working on firearms and other things NOT have to do a few small tweaks to something to get it to fit perfectly.  Even the Hogue wrap around grips I got for my FEG Hi Power Clone needed just a tetch of fitting to fit perfectly.  Even the Pachmayrs  I have on my Taurus 82 and my Astra .357 needed a "Tetch" of fitting.

I swear some people expect to get new parts for a 1908 ford Model T and then complain because the new parts didn't bolt right up without a gasket.

So if you are looking for new grips for your FEG or for some other types of firearms as well, give tillander637 a try.

No comments: