The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Friday, June 22, 2012

The Omelet I created

has some other fans.  Many years ago I created the 5 egg, Ham and Cheese Omelet.  I originally ordered it at the Denny's restaurant on Natural Bridge Road across from Lambert Airport.  I could only get it at night when the manager wasn't in.Now for the third time, the IHOP in Corpus Christi has made it for me, and this time the person who was with me ordered it as well, and then the gentleman sitting over in the next booth asked for it as well.  Heck if this keeps going, it might become a regular menu item.

A 5 Egg, Ham and Cheese Omelet is simply a 2 egg Ham and Cheese Omelet, that is folded into a 3 Egg Ham and Cheese Omelet.  The extra melted cheese goodness when you cut into it with your fork and the texture of the eggs, hmmmm I'm making myself hungry again just thinking about it.

So try it sometime.  If you aren't a large person like me, you can always share it your friend or sweetheart.

Me?  I eat the whole thing by myself, plus a shortstack of buttermilk pancakes, crisp hashbrowns and wheat toast with strawberry jam.

The best thing about it though, is that IHOP, could have charged me for 2 omelets, instead they just charged me for 2 extra eggs.  I will DEFINITELY be going back there to get it again.  And IHOP, if you DO decide to make this a regular menu Item, could you kinda name it for me?  The Grey Locke 5 Egg Ham and Cheese Omelet, or Mark's 5 Egg Omelet, or The Texas Fellowship 5 Egg Omelet or something like that.

k'tanx Bai!!

No comments: