The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Zombie Gun

Many have been talking about how the Kel Tec PMR-30 is a good pistol for the shooting the Zombie Horde.  I was thinking about that.

Caliber - the .22 WMR is a decent cartridge however I have a Heritage Arms combo Single Action .22 which fires both .22 LR and with the extra cylinder .22 WMR.  Even with the 7 inch barrel, in my experience the .22 WMR doesn't really expand that much, plus the muzzle flip is a bit fierce, and all 3 of my daughters dislike shooting the Heritage with the Magnum Ammunition.  They love it with the standard .22 LR, but not the .22 WMR.

Now I haven't shot the Kel-Tec PMR 30, I can't afford one and I'm not a big enough blogger to get a test article, even then the cost of the ammo would be prohibitive for me.  Saying all that, the PMR-30 seems to be a popular pistol, and many are espousing that it would be a good anti-zombie gun for women and youngsters.  Knowing how my own daughters don't like the muzzle flip of our .22 WMR pistol, but have no problem shooting my .22 pump rifle or even our 20 gauge shotgun.  If Kel-tec made a carbine version or a carbine conversion for the PMR-30, I think it would be that elusive "Perfect" weapon.  Possibly along the lines of the HK MP7 as a carbine, or even if a bull pup style carbine that "Perfection" might be achieved.  You would gain increased velocity allowing good expansion, much longer sight radius, and minimal muzzle flip.  With that 30 round magazine full of .22 WMR, some decent sights and an adjustable stock you will have what could be the "Perfect" Anti-Zombie Weapon.

Good Ballistics

Good Accuracy

Good Ergonomics

Good Magazine Capacity

What say you?  Am I right?  Or am I barking up the wrong tree?


ETA: Possibly the Sub-2000 in .22 WMR using the PMR-30 Mag?

ETA: ETA:And Why isn't THIS on their own website? Even Impact Guns says that right now this carbine is Vaporware.  But I believe this might be that "Perfect" Anti-Zombie Weapon.

2 comments:

KurtP said...

A Henry in .22 or .357(always have plenty of .38s laying around) :)

Mark said...

Personally I would love a good pump rifle or lever gun in .357. Preferably with a full length barrel and magazine capacity. And I have an old Sear Ranger 110 which is a Savage 29A .22 pump, 14 rounds of .22 LR and accurate as all get out.