The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Flooding of the Grand Canyon

First I agree that the Grand Canyon does need to have better management as it refers to the maintaining of it's natural diversity.  I do agree that there should be controlled flooding to help that.  However I do question the necessity of doing so during a drought.



Already with farmers in California being forced to use less water, some of the water that is supposed to go to them  under the Colorado River Compact, may be lost through this program.  There has already been lawsuits to increase the water that various states are allowed to get from the Colorado River, however, Drought.  There isn't quite as much water as there used to be.

So I question the timing of this release, and it's consequences.  Is it being done because of environmentalist pressure?  And a whole host of other questions.

What say you?

No comments: