The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Monday, May 26, 2014

Were you ever Mad for Space?

I mean did you ever look up at the stars in the sky and think, "Some day, I'm going to go there."?  I know when I was a kid, I built models of the Gemini and Apollo Spacecraft and the Saturn and Atlas Rockets and the Lunar Lander.  When Testers came out with a model of the Space Shuttle, I bought and built several of them in differing scales.  I read hundreds of Science Fiction Novels, stories and shorts in Astounding Tales, and several other magazines.  To this day, I still read dozens of Science Fiction novels a year and I try to keep up with the various Space Programs throughout the world. 

Where am I going with this?

Well the other day I posted a link to YesterLand, about all of the old Walt Disney Land/World rides and exhibits.  And one thing leads to another and another and I was reminded about a website that deals with Space travel and all of the problems, technological, physiological and others, going from Science Fact and Science Fiction and melds them into one large database. 

So with all that out of the way, I should warn you that this site will take 6-10 HOURS to go through all the way, plus it has internal links and external links throughout that will sidetrack you even more.

So I present to you; Atomic Rockets

So if you were ever once Space Mad, or you still are like I am, click on that link and enjoy yourself.  Just be sure to set aside a large block of time to go through it all.  I STILL haven't finished it all yet and I've started over from the beginning, at 1740 hours on Sunday May 25th and it's now almost 0200 on the 26th.

So keep that in mind before you get too engrossed in it. 

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Woo Hoo, something to look at in the hotel this week! :-)