The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Friday, October 7, 2016

FEG - PA63 - AP765 - and Others


The top FEG is my second one I have purchased.  And it has the "Thumbrest" on the left grip.  I shoot ambidextrously, so having that thumbrest made it difficult to shoot left handed accurately. 


Here is a closer view of the left grip.  That thumbrest make concealing and shooting this pistol more difficult.



This is my first FEG after I installed a pair of Tillander Custom Grips.  They make the FEG's profile much thinner and makes left handed shooting much easier.


The only issue I've found is aesthetic  You can see on the right grip panel a slight crease from the mold.  It doesn't affect fit or function, but if you are more concerned about aesthtics than function, it is something you should be aware of.



This is a slightly different angle, and you can see on the swell of the grip what I am talking about



Since I have two FEG AP 765's I needed a second pair of grips.  And here is my new pair, only in OD Green, in it's packaging.



This is what you get in the package as well as your invoice.  The grips with the escutcheon installed, a new escutcheon screw and a sticker from Tillander Grips



You can see the inside of the grips where the ribs that fit into the frame of your pistol and  how the escutcheons are properly installed in the grip panels.



My second FEG with it's grips off.



Now clad in it's new OD Green Tillander Grip Panels.



Both of my FEG's with their Tillander Grips.



If you own a FEG AP 765, PA-63, PMK-380, SMK-380, PPH, AP9, AP66, or AP-MBP you can get a pair of replacement grips in other colors.

Tillander also make grips for a lot of other pistols.

Check out their E-bay Page or their Gun Broker page to see.

No comments: