The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Friday, June 1, 2007

Computer Security

On Wednesday night/Thursday Morning's show I talked about securing your computer against Bot's and Malware. Here are the links to the various Programs that I use on all of my systems.

PcTools Registry Mechanic

LavaSoft Ad-Aware

Safer Networking SpyBot Search and Destroy

CCleaner

Grisoft AVG Free Anti-Virus

ZoneLabs Zone Alarm now by Checkpoint

I use these programs on all of my computers. and run full detailed scans of my system every week.

Also before shutting down my browser I clear all cookies, delete all temporary files and clear my history That will help get rid of any nasty stuff that someone tries to put on your system.

In Internet Explorer click on "Tools"-"Options" that will bring up the Explorer setting, you would then click on the delete cookies button and the delete files button, be sure to click the box to delete all offline files.

In FireFox, Click on "Tools"-"Clear Private Data" that will remove all the cookies and offline files.

Also change your passwords every once in awhlie and DO NOT let your computer keep track of any private data. that is stored on your computer in a little file that any malicious programmer can take advantage of. If you have problems remembering your passwords, do what I do, I PRINT all my account names and passwords out in a single file which I keep tape to the underside of my keyboard. Now that I've said that, I'll have to change it, but you get the idea, do not let your computer store any passwords, user id's, credit card information, social security numbers etc. don't do it.

Mark

No comments: