The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Walther Volkspistole - Forgotten Weapons



When this video came out over at Full30 a few days ago, I couldn't wait for Ian to upload it to YouTube.

First because Full30 is a BANDWIDTH HOG, for someone who lives in the sticks, and has slow DSL which is the fastest available unless I want to spend 3 times what I already pay, a month.  Uhhh Sorry, I have kids, so I cannot do that.  And AT&T isn't going to run out the good fiber optic this way until 2035 according to the person I spoke to with their service scheduling company.  They have an outside company schedule things like routine maintenance upgrades.  I was also told that I should wish for a hurricane to come through.  The person I spoke to said it would take a major natural disaster to wipe out enough infrastructure, before AT&T would even CONSIDER upgrading the mish mash of copper-fiber-copper-lead-etc lines that run in the area I live in.  South an North of where I live, they had their hurricanes, so they got upgraded.  A hurricane hasn't t hit this area since the 1970 Hurricane Celia,and some of the wiring we have dates from it's replacement in the 70's.  And yes I DID say lead.  There is according to one engineer at least 3 old lead-copper main lines, where several hundreds of copper lines run through lead and paper sheathed cables and underground.

But enough about me complaining about AT&T, although that particular rant was directed at the jerkweed who told me I should just "Upgrade" my internet.  And Yes, they live at home with their parents, AFTER graduating with a MA. 

Back to the video.

I seriously would like to see what a modern manufacturer could do with the idea of a stamped metal semi-automatic pistol.  And as you heard Ian say there were even experiments for a stamped steel revolver.  I would like to see what could be done today by a current manufacturer, given the changes we have had in technology and metallurgy.

I also would like to see a modern take on the rotating barrel pistol.

No comments: