The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Why the Sad Puppies?

Larry once again went afisking as Larry does.

"Here’s the thing, Teresa. You don’t speak for all of fandom. You don’t own them. You don’t even speak for all of the TrueFans or SMOF or whatever you want to call them. There are plenty of longtime SMOFs who are just as sick of your preening, entitled nonsense as my people are, and though they may find my actions upsetting or barbaric, or personally think I’m a jerk, at least everything I’ve done has been in the open… Plus, they are safe to criticize my side without fear of retribution or career sabotage. Can’t say the same thing about your side."

At the end he links to Sarah Hoyt, who tells her experiences in SF&F publishing that are the REASON we NEED Sad Puppies.

"One time I came into the room at a con and found one of my editors talking to another of my editors. I could tell from the expression, the startled look at me, that news that I might be a – dropped voice — conservative had been conveyed. I hoped I was being paranoid, but I wasn’t. My treatment by that other house immediately changed, overnight.

So I lived in fear, unable to associate normally or make friends with anyone. It was like being spied on all the time and knowing the worst construction would be put on my actions and words, even if the actions and words were not political, even if I just forgot what the week’s hate and the week’s cause was."

Seriously go read both of those. When certain people go out of their way to INTENTIONALLY harm another through making it so they cannot work/publish, those people have become tyrants.

And in my personal opinion, "Death to Tyrants" through a thousand cuts such as the fiskings Larry does, which have become legendary in their own right.

So all of you SJW's, who get offended at the drop of a dangling participle, we are sick of being shoved aside, and tired of being belittled by such as you.

So watch out.  "Conservative" writers, authors, blogger and all the rest are coming to take back what you thought of as exclusively "Yours", and make it Everyone's.

You pompous, bombastic, egalitarian twits.

ETA: From the comments at Sarah's post

"Consider the SJWs who insist that the world needs to be a safe speech zone. By this they do not mean places where you are free to discuss ideas openly, but rather places where words and ideas are to be avoided if they deem offensive to those who they have decided deserve protection. But they will not ever call this censoring, because censoring is bad. Censorship is what those terrible no-good very bad conservatives do. Because in their mind’s dictionary it says conservative = that which is bad, undesireable, mean."

EATA: A Comment on Larry's post

"Wow, so much has changed in a year. And I have some bad news for these gender feminist dingbats: we haven’t even really marshaled all our forces.

Secondly, there is no way to present quotes about marginalizing the “underrepresented” from us that don’t exist or hiding your own mountain of racist supremacist quotes. There are open and public quotes that point to collusion or outright admit they won’t deal with literature by straight white men. On the other hand, the idea straight white men have ever conspired to do that is a straight up lie.

I have yet to see a single Tweet urging whites to read whites, men to read men, or heterosexuals to read heterosexuals, or arranging that into awards or symposiums. The Tweets in the other direction is a flood.

“Read this, she’s gay. Read this, he’s PoC. Read this, Women!!”

Well, read this: f**k you.

I see some tough times ahead for intersectionalists. The truth is no one was doing a single thing to gays, women or non-whites in the SFF field but now you’ve made genuine enemies. They’re not enemies because of who you are but what you say. You could’ve just written some good fiction and let it sit there like everyone else instead of marking us all for a KKK but you couldn’t do that. So, deal with the push back."

No comments: