The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Thursday, January 7, 2016

I'm starting to get upset with Amazon.com

I ordered 5 items on the second of January.  I FINALLY got an e-mail tonight that ONE of the items I ordered has been shipped.  I realize that there was a weekend in there, but there has been 4 (COUNT THEM FOUR) business days between the time of the order and now, when ONE of the items has been shipped.

This has been becoming an ongoing issue with Amazon.com.

I order something, and it takes almost a WEEK before the item even ships.

I've had stuff I ordered off of E-bay from China that STILL got here in 6 days INCLUDING the weekend.

Many times I'll order something off of E-bay from a Chinese seller and within 12 hours I've received a notice that the item has been shipped.  Also many times I'll order something and get a notice that my order is being "Prepared" for shipping or an address label has been printed, but it still takes 2-3 days before the tracking number I've been provided is actually active.  Meaning that the seller printed a shipping label right after they got my order but they sat on it for a few days to mail it.  I can understand if there is a weekend in there, but printing the label on a Monday then not shipping it until Wednesday or Thursday?  Come on folks!!

When I sell something on an auction site, as soon as I have the notice the item is sold, I print off the invoice, package the item, then print off my label and call the post office to come pick it up the next day, if not that same day. I ONLY ship by Flat Rate Priority Mail and the USPS WILL come pick it up at my house.

What is so hard about that?

And please don't tell me that Amazon is a big company and sometimes it takes time to pull an order.

I've worked in a warehouse several times before, I've pulled orders, packaged orders and shipped orders.

I've NEVER had an order take more than 4 hours after I received it, to fill it and get it out the door, unless an item was out of stock.  In which case I call or notified the customer to let them know and ask if they wanted me to ship what I already had.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Question ... are you getting the free shipping? And if so, are the good coming by the time promised?

The reason I ask is that I go for the over $35 order free shipping, and that does seem to take a few days to ship, but it has always arrived on time for me (I average about 5 orders a year).

I figure they're holding it back a bit to encourage you to use a shipping option that costs them less.

Of course, if you're paying for the shipping, then all bets are off.