The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Well it's official

I am OLDer.  I was starting to have a few issues with reading the road signs at night, so I went in today to get my eyes checked.  YUP.  I now need bi-focals.  Or what I actually did.  I got one pair for driving/shooting/most everything and one pair specifically for reading.  I remember my father having major issues with his driving when he first got bi-focals and he started to get headaches also.

So I got two separate pairs of glasses.  Yes it's inconvenient to have to switch glasses, but I already have enough issues to deal with.  I don't want to add in problems with trying to drive or read on top of my other health issues.

When I say I was having problems reading the signs, it was only the far away sign that I could normally read quite easily.  I was having to squint slightly to read them which was causing me some eye strain.  I noticed it when I drove up to my daughters for Christmas so I figured that since I had the money now, I'd better fix it now instead of putting it off.

I'll probably go ahead and get a pair of regular bi-focals next month after I get the bills paid, just so I have them in case I need them.

But for now, I have my driving/shooting glasses and my reading glasses.

No comments: