The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Friday, February 26, 2016

Forgotten Weapons - Ultimate Recoil - 4 Bore Rifle Edition!



I would actually be afraid of shooting something like that with my shoulder damage.  I already have a torn rotator cuff and separated collar bone/scapula in my right shoulder and a small tear in the glenohumeral ligament in my left shoulder.  That amount of recoil may not do any further damage, however I don't think I would want to deal with the pain.

They largest I've EVER fired was a very lightly loaded 8 bore muzzleloader S/S.  After firing off both barrels in that, I was kinda cured of firing BIG guns.  I don't need to prove my manhood.  The largest I fire on a regular basis is a 3.5 inch 12 gauge magnum turkey load, in my friends 870 and that is pushing my pain tolerance.

Saying all that, I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to try it anyway.  I'd need to borrow a good recoil pad or a lead sled.  I hope Ian gets some really good detailed photos of those 4 bores.

No comments: