The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

AR builder Gurus... I need your opinion/assistance

As you might know, Sprog #4 and I are building her her own custom AR-15, using a GWACS Armory Cav-15 lower.

I am also building myself a new upper.

Her upper will have a 16" 1:7 twist .750 M-4 Profile barrel with a carbine gas tube.

My Upper will have an 18" Fluted Stainless Steel barrel with 1:8 twist and a .223 Wylde Chamber and take a mid-length gas tube.

I've been looking for free float forends that I can afford. As such, I've been hitting E-bay, CTD, amazon, PSA, and others.

I'm thinking to get her a 7" forend and myself a 10" forend.

The inexpensive e-bay forends I've been looking at off of E-bay match the same ones that CTD has listed for $7 to $15 less.

What is your opinions on the following forends?

7" Free Float

10" Free Float

I'd like to get these built up before Christmas so Sprog #4 and I can take them to the range and start getting them dialed in.

These match the XTS forends listed on CTD's site but cost considerably less, plus I won't have to pay sales tax and shipping on them like I would if I ordered them from CTD.

No comments: