The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Buffalo's Outdoors - Maverick 88 - Bang For Your Buck



I have a Maverick 88. Mine is a 5+1 for 6 round capacity and came with a 28" barrel with a Modified choke. I have installed an ATI Folding Pistol Gripped buttstock and I used to have an 18.25" cylinder bore barrel with a standard brass bead. It now has a vent ribbed 20" barrel with a Carlson's screw in rifled choke and Williams vent rib rifle sights. I have it set up specifically for shooting slugs, I haven't had the opportunity to see how the rifled choke affects the patterning of buckshot.

If anyone would be willing to send me a variety of shotshells, I'd be glad to set aside the time for it. However right now, 00 buck and #4 buck is running over $1.20 a shell here locally. I can't fit that in to my monthly budget.

No comments: