The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Thursday, April 25, 2013

I'm home

and I'm sore, stiff and very tired.  The kids just finished unloading the truck.  I thought I wouldn't be home until much later, but Texas raised the speed limit from 65 on highway 77 and highway 59 to 75.  So and extra 10 MPH spread out over 6 hours go me home an hour quicker.

I HATE HOUSTON TRAFFIC!!!!!!!

While stuck in traffic I was behind a Dodge Charger, over the 30 + minutes  inched through traffic 4 different vehicles cut in front of me then other cars in other lanes to get ahead.  I passed all of them several times myself, when I finally got out of the traffic the black Charger and I were still in line, and the cars that had cut in here and there were behind us.  :)

Staying in the second from right lane the entire time paid off.

The only big problem I had was I hit an armadillo by El Campo on the turn.  I thought I was going to go off the road but I stayed on the road and straightened out.  I guess all that training from the Army, the Fire Department, the Ambulance Company, the Police Department and North American Van Lines paid off :)

I'm taking some meds and going to try to go to sleep.  I'm still a little wired up though so we'll see how that goes.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad you made it home safely. And thanks for the reminder about Houston traffic. Will be down there next weekend in the thick of it.

Mark/GreyLocke said...

Well my daughter Melissa and I will see you at the NRA Annual Meeting.

Jennifer said...

looking forward to it

Jennifer said...

looking forward to it