The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Thursday, December 5, 2013

No one makes High Rise Holsters anymore?

I have been looking for over 2 hours, trying to find a leather High Rise Holster for a S&W Model 10/Taurus Model 82.

And I can't find a single one, other than a belt slide holster.  A belt slide holster you can't use a jacket spacer on to angle the holster outward to fit a females curves.

Back when I was in law enforcement, you could find those EVERYWHERE.  You could find them for your duty belt, you could find them for off duty wear, you could find them just about any place that sold sporting goods or law enforcement equipment.

Now?

I haven't found a single one.

And I need 4 of them.

Plain leather high rise holster, open bottom, thumb snap retention, and forward cant. That can be used with a spacer to allow either a jacket to ride in between the weapon and your body, or to angle the top of the weapon out to fit a woman's hips.

And I can't find a single one.

Until I got rid of most of my old duty gear, I had 3 of them.  1 patent leather, 1 basket weave and 1 plain.  All with spacers so my Ike style jacket would ride in between.

But I gave those to friends of mine who were wearing cheapo nylon holsters that used velcro instead of thumb snaps.

And now I need 4 plain ones with spacers.

If you happen to see any holsters that meet the above criteria, in leather or Kydex, please drop me an e-mail.

No comments: