The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Words of wisdom

Over on the right under the heading Specialization I have words that I think are wise.  and yes I do have two sayings that are attributed to me.  And no it is not my ego.  I say stuff like those to my kids to try to teach them lessons in life.  For those of you who are reading this through a reader or a mobile web app I"ll post them here for you.

Specialization

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-Robert A. Heinlein

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."


-Henry Ford

"I don't want repeat offenders, I want dead offenders"

-Ted Nugent

"We see, therefore, that war is not merely an act of policy but a true political instrument, a continuation of political intercourse carried on with other means. What remains peculiar to war is simply the peculiar nature of its means."

-Carl von Clausewitz

"Forward Momentum"

-Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

"No Retreat, No Surrender, No Quarter - Always go for the Checkmate, even if it kills you"

-Mark (GreyLocke) Anderson

"Reality doesn't care about your feelings"

-Parselmouth 7/6/2013

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

-1 Corinthians 13:11

"Grant me the courage to face what must be fought 

Will to accept what cannot 

And wisdom to know the difference"


"Needs Must, When The Devil Drives"


"Life is not a race where you acquire things.

Life is a journey where you acquire experiences to share with others"



-Mark (GreyLocke) Anderson


I'm not a great thinker, philosopher or  oracle.  I am a father though.  And I think these phrases should be known to all of our children.  So that they grow up into productive members of our society.  They are our future, and without proper guidance and examples, they will be poorer than us, not just spiritually or financially.  But emotionally.

No comments: