The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Ohio Ordinance's M1918A3 BAR



Some more information about the BAR at Wikipedia; M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle

I personally would like to have the FN Model DA1 which is the BAR with a pistol grip and setup for a quick change barrel system and easier stripping through the rear of the receiver.  I"d like one cut down like Bonnie and Clyde did with their BAR's.

Ian did a write up of the Model D BAR's here; FN Model D (BAR)

So what do you think?

A cut down BAR with quick change barrel and a pistol grip that weighs about 14 lbs and chambering 7.62X51, with good sights and possibly a picatinny rail for optics.

Would it make a decent General Purpose rifle?

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

I still want an A2... sigh

Theredneckengineer said...

I'm not a fan of the "D" series, especially in 7mm.

Gimme an A2 anyday, or at least the rest of the parts I need to finish my A2...