The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Monday, July 28, 2014

Scamming and stealing from our Troops

"USA Discounters files lawsuits against service members based anywhere in the world, no matter how much inconvenience or expense they would incur to attend a Virginia court date. Since 2006, the company has filed more than 13,470 suits and almost always wins,"

I once fell into this same trap.  I was young, married and my wife and I had recently had a child.  A $350.00 washing machine wound up costing me over $2100.00 once everything was said and done.

Even with special laws aimed at protecting our servicemen and servicewomen and their families, there are always some companies that will use any loophole they can find to take advantage of them.

And our young troops and their families pay the price.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, LOTS of places that prey on the military...