The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Saturday, January 31, 2015

KTD Drive

If you click on the link to buy a KTD Drive from Scott and try to buy one from him.  You will get no answer to your messages.  Scott was suffering from Cancer and it looked like he was winning the battle.  However after a round of Chemo he had to be admitted into the hospital and later died.


February 7, 2014 at 6:56 am

Scott passed at midnight. He was sleeping comfortably and with his family. Right now his Mother believes a memorial service will be held Sunday Feb 16. I will post details here when I know them.

He was a great man. We shall miss him much.



As such there is no way to purchase a ready made KTD Drive anymore.


I will be getting another P.O. Box in a few days and I will not Sell the drives however I will make drives for anyone who sends me a brand new in the packaging drive with a Self Addressed Stamped padded Mailer.


I will write all the files to the drive and mail it back to you.


Note: it takes a minimum of 3 hours just to burn the files to a drive.  So if you want to pay me 4 or 5 bucks to cover my expenses of gas, P.O. Box, electricity and time, I won't complain.  It is NOT required though.


The requirements:

A 32 GB USB thumbdrive brand new, still in it's original packaging.  If it is NOT in the original packaging, I'll just mail the drive back to you, I won't even touch it.


A Postage Pre-Paid Self Addressed Padded Mailer to return the completed drive to you.  The average postage to return the drive is just under $2.00.  Have the Post Office weigh the drive in it's packaging on the envelope, to get the proper postage.


I will get a P.O. Box this next week and will post it here on the Blog and update the KTD Drive page with that address.


I'm not in this to try to make money.  I just want to help people get information which may help them through life.


NOTE:  I will ONLY write the KTD Files to a SanDisk, PNY, or Kingston Drive.  NO EMTECH Drives or other discount drives.  It takes much longer to write the files to those other drives and they are not as reliable than the Main Brand name drives.

If you also send a blank CD-R I will burn the programs necessary so you can clone your KTD Drive for others, please just be sure it will fit in the mailer and is in a protective sleeve.

Please only 1 KTD Drive per envelope.  The old saying. "What they pay for, they'll value. What they get for free, they'll take for granted, and then demand as a right." Thank you Lois McMaster Bujold.  So I will only do 1 drive per person/address, and ONLY for a limited time.  How long that time will be, I don't know yet. I do have a life outside the KTD Project and this blog.

So this isn't an open ended offer.

If someone else want to take over writing these drives, and lets me know, as long as they aren't gouging people and not trying to make a bunch of money, they are more than welcome to.  If you live near Corpus and wouldn't mind hanging out while your drive is burned, you and I can meet up somewhere and talk while your drive is being written.  It WILL take several hours to be fully written so I'd need somewhere to plug in my netbook.

I'll update this post after I get the Post Office Box with the address.  Please DO NOT ask me to "Sell" you a drive.  If you cannot make the effort to purchase a drive and padded mailer, you aren't serious about this and just want a 'Toy' to put on your keyring to say you have one.

Also please tell me what size you want the "Permanence" file set to.  This is so any updates, or other settings are saved.  If you don't specify a permanence size, I will not set it up nor will I update the main system files.  You will have to set it yourself and install any updates.  I recommend setting the permanence to a Minimum 2 GB to allow for updates to be installed properly.

No comments: