The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Monday, May 18, 2015

Signals

It's been 28 years since I got out of the Army Reserve, so I need to catch up myself.

DO YOU know Hand and Arm signals?  The last time I remember using them was back when I drove a truck for a living and I used them to guide other drivers at the truck stop outside of Nyack, New York.  It was snowing and sleeting so hard, if you were lucky you could see 20 feet in front of your rig.  I spent over an hour helping truck stop employees guide other drivers into safe parking spots as the NY State Police had closed the highway after an accident.  About 45 minutes after we had guided in about 50 semi's the whole lot was full and the weather really closed in.

But those hand and arm signals, especially the ones for convoys, helped immensely.

So NCRenegade, got some info on a tutorial and posted it up and made it a sticky.  And I found out through WRSA.

And now you find out about it from me.

"Hand and Arm Signals Tutorial".

Give it a gander.  You never know when it might come in handy.  Especially if everyone is on the same page.

No comments: