The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Saturday, September 26, 2015

5 Urban Legend Videos Believed To Be TRUE



Ok, many people will think I am lying here, however I grew up living NEXT DOOR to Mickey Carroll, aka one of the actual Munchkins from The Wizard of Oz.  I have written about that before, and I lived next door to him from 1972 until I got married and moved out of my parents house in 1992.

I don't know if that was a person who hung themselves, but Mickey DID say that 2 or 3 of other "Little People" disappeared during the production.  He was told that they had either quit or were fired.  Mickey thought that if they were, they were nuts because they had the chance to work with Judy Garland.  And that was what Mickey mostly spoke about when he talked about that movie.  Judy Garland.  He had worked with her briefly before after his work on Little Rascals, and he went to work in Vaudeville and that is where he first met Judy Garland.  And she is the person who got him the part in the Wizard of Oz.  Mickey ADORED Judy Garland.  In his living room he had dozens of photos of Ms.Garland and himself together sometimes with other actors such as Mickey Rooney, Ava Gardner, Ray Bolger, and there was even a photo of Mickey, being kissed by Liz Taylor and Judy Garland one on each cheek and it was signed by both ladies as well a picture of Mickey with Ms. Garland and her daughter Liza Minnelli, all of them in formal dress, (Mickey was wearing a tuxedo the ladies evening gowns).

So I don't know if that WAS someone who hung themselves showing up in the film.  However Mickey told me that he did know that a few of the other little people had left the production and he didn't know what happened to them.  And then he started talking about Ms. Garland and how they had fun during breaks and after the days shooting was done, talking and singing.  As I said Mickey ADORED Ms. Garland.

So take that as you will.

No comments: