The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Took youngest daughter aka Sprog #4 shooting yesterday

to familiarize her with my Mossberg 185, 20 ga bolt action shotgun, and also to put some rounds through my Rossi Model 461-03 3", .357 Magnum.

I will say that Brenneke makes some very HARD recoiling slugs for 20 ga.  And I am VERY glad I changed the grips that came with the Rossi to Pachmayr's.  Shooting full power 158 gr .357 Mag from the Rossi is also painful, however 158 gr .38 special is actually quite pleasant.

I'll be getting some 125 gr .357 Mag to see if the Rossi is more enjoyable to shoot, but for now I'll be sticking to .38 Special loads for it until I do.

I also need to get another choke for the Mosberg, it uses an external choke tube and the only one I've got now is Full, and I really need to get an IC or Modified for it to be ale to use it to it's fullest extent.

Also Tula ammo is D-I-R-T-Y, but it's actually pretty accurate at across the room distance.

So I need to get out the cleaning kit and clean up the Rossi, my daughter is borrowing the Mosberg 185, so she gets to clean it herself.

No comments: