The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Monday, April 26, 2021

Social Media’s Ministry of Truth Flag Normal Picture as “Sensitive Content”

USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- The big tech oligarchs never cease to amaze me.  In 2021 it is nearly impossible to conduct business, network, and or stay in contact with people without using social media.  Many of AmmoLand’s readers have put forward rather strong opinions on this subject, and like anything else related to personal policies and stances, there is no need to shame others for how they choose to conduct themselves.  I use social media, as do many of the other AmmoLand contributors (including AmmoLand News).

On more than one occasion I’ve found so many contradictory stances on things.  Free speech is not a thing, or even close to a thing, on certain social media outlets.  A close contact of mine got several 30-day bans from a certain service for posting “Joe and the ho.”  There was no context to the post…that was it, “Joe and the ho.”  While this is not something I personally would subscribe to, I do feel however it is someone’s right to post that, especially since there is no clear breaking of any rules or more importantly illicit violent threats.  The same platform would not allow the hashtag “mitchthebitch” to be posted.  Anything that goes against the accepted narrative which we the feeble peasants are supposed to take in hook, line, and sinker is censored.  The contradictions are endless.  I’m sure many other users have found similar situations in their own experiences.

Going through a social media feed recently I ran into a post that had the captain:

“Sensitive Content,” eh?

And below the caption was a picture that had the “Sensitive Content” warning over it.  To me, that is just an invitation to see what was posted, not a warning, but rather a tag that says “look at me, look at me.”

 

Click the link to read the whole article: Social Media’s Ministry of Truth

 

No comments: