The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Monday, April 19, 2021

St. Louis Memories - White Castle, buy 'em by the sack - Life in America



I remember many times going to White Castles with my parents. We usually went to the one on Natural Bridge Rd by Berkely. Many years ago it was replaced with a new building that was built right next to the original building, then once the new store was ready, the old store was torn down and turned into a parking lot. The main thing I remember was it was down the road from the Steak and Shake my dad would take me to when he just wanted to talk. Mom, was usually the one who took me and my older brother to White Castles. Normally it was to get a quick bite to eat before she headed off to her evening classes at UMSL after work. My favorite was the double cheese castle. Although I hated the pickles White Castle used at the time. I came to enjoy them.

No comments: