The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Friday, June 27, 2014

My kids know how

Since my trucks are manual transmission vehicles.  Now if I just had the money to get the wiring on my Dakota fixed and back on the road.

"The hapless trio should have had it in the bag.

Armed with a gun, they approached a 70-year-old woman just outside her Seattle home. Nancy Fredrickson, returning from a garage sale, was unloading items from the trunk of her Kia when one of them asked for her keys."

"After piling into Fredrickson’s Kia on Saturday, they discovered it was a manual transmission vehicle — and apparently none of them knew how to drive stick.

“I could hear them trying,” she told KCPQ. “They put the keys in, they turned the lock, but they couldn’t figure out how to get it started.”"


My little S-10 which get almost 23 mpg right now with all the alcohol in the gas is my daily driver.  When I can get unadulterated gasoline, it gets almost 29 mpg. The Dakota which my brother gave to me since it has a few problems, was getting almost 25 mpg with regular gas. With the "Gasohol" it was getting about 18 mpg. 

Both have manual transmissions.  And I have been teaching my kids to drive in the S-10.  SO that way they shouldn't have a problem driving most other vehicles.

No comments: