The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Kel-Tec

My eldest daughter's fiance, a really nice polite young man who treats my daughter the way she is supposed to be treated, owns a Glock 17.  I told him and my daughter both that I want to get a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 for my daughter.  What I would like however Kel-Tec doesn't offer.

Kel-Tec has hit it out of the park with their Sub 2000 Carbines in both 9mm and .40 S&W.  However they do not offer the Sub 2000 with the grip to use Glock 26 magazines..  Why Glock 26 you ask?  Because Bronson, my soon to be son in law has a Glock 17, and I want my daughter to get herself a Glock 26 for herself.  I also want her to have a Sub 2000 carbine that would use the same 10 round magazine of her Glock 26.

My thought on this are, Kel-Tec would make the Sub 2000 to take the Glock 26 magazine, and offer a slide in and locking spacer to lengthen the grip for the either the Glock 19 or the Glock 17 magazines.

Think of the take down pistol used in many spy movies, where the pieces just slide together and lock into each other which allows 00-whatever to assemble a full size firearm out of pieces the size of a can of smokeless tobacco.

Imagine if you would, the small grip for the Glock 26 magazines, however an internal lip, which would allow a polymer spacer to be slid onto the internal lip with a locking lip to hold the spacer in place or it could be slid in and a locking screw could be used in the back strap area to hold the spacer in place.  You could have 2 sizes of spacers, for either the Glock 17 or the Glock 19 magazines.

As for fitting a decent optic, I've seen the rotating forends, what I would like to see is one that would only rotate 45 degrees, so that when it the Sub 2000 is folded, your optic is held slightly to the side, and the forend is actually part of how the carbine is held closed.  My idea is the forend is locked when the barrel is locked.  It cannot move, when you open the barrel for folding, the forend rotates 45 degrees and it's corner actually helps to lock it in the folded position.

So Kel-Tec!!  How about it?  Glock 26 size frame with slide in/lock in-bolt in spacers, forend rail only rotates 45 degrees and is part of the locking mechanism when folded.  Ohhhh, and please thread the barrel for a suppressor..  Even with good Earpro, 9mm is just a tetch LOUD!

After that, I'd like to talk to you folks about a Sub 2000 in .45 ACP for myself.  It could use the Glock 21 magazines.  Considering the recoil impulse isn't quite as stout as 9mm you can probably use the same blowback operation of the standard Sub 2000's.  I know several police Law Enforcement Agencies that would buy those in a heartbeat.  Like I would.

And just to be really silly, could you guys make a .32 ACP and .380 ACP Versions of the Sub 2000?  I know I'd buy the .32 ACP version just because I like the caliber.  Or maybe conversion kits to convert the larger caliber firearms to those calibers..

No comments: