The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Hugo Awards - Have you Registered for Sasquan to vote?

Are you an avid Science Fiction and Fantasy reader like I am? Would you like to be one of the people who help to choose the Hugo Awards? You can be.

Any person who registers for and pays for a Membership the World Science Fiction Society can nominate and vote on the works that are eligible for Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing's Premier Award, the Hugo Award.

This year World Con is being held at Sasquan, where the voting will take place. You don't have to be present to vote though. You can vote in person, via U.S. Postal Service Mail, or via E-mail.

As a Voting Member you will receive copies of the nominated works, so that you can read them for yourself and make your determination as to which ones you wish to vote for.

If you are interested you can buy a "Membership" for as little as $40.00.

Note that the $40.00 Membership is NOT for if you actually wish to attend Sasquan. However you are able to nominate and vote for any eligible/nominated works. If you do wish to attend, there is an additional Entry/Attending Fee. They do have payment plans available, if like me you are on a tight budget.

Even though I would love to go, I have kids still in school so in August when the Con is, I would be unable to go, as that would be during the first few weeks of school for my kids.

I DO however plan on Submitting my votes for the Hugo Awards.

In fact I plan on registering for next years Worldcon next month, although the Membership is $50.00 for it. That one, I probably might be able to attend, as I can make proper arrangements for my kids and I can save up the funds necessary to go.

So what about you?

Are you going to sign up?

No comments: