The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

What's on my Kindle Part Two - Lois McMaster Bujold

Now Ms. Bujold is VERY hard to list properly because of all the compilation omnibus volumes of her books, but I'll try. 

The first book I ever read of hers was Cordelia's Honor, which is actually two book in one, Shards of Honor and Barrayar.  After I read that, I was hooked.

Cordelia's Honor
I should note I first read it as a paperback and now I have it as a Kindle book.  In fact I have almost all of these books in paperback, and I still pull them out from time to time to enjoy getting lost in the worlds Ms. Bujold has created.

The Vorkosigan Saga

The Warriors Apprentice
These books will be listed a little out of order.  These are the order I first read them in, NOT the order in which the Authoress wrote and published them.

Falling Free

The Vor Game

Cetaganda

Ethan of Athos
This was a weird but fun book to read.

Brothers in Arms

Mirror Dance

Memory

Borders of Infinity 

Komarr

A Civil Campaign

Diplomatic Immunity

Captain Vorpatril Alliance

Cryoburn

And I await Gentleman Jole and The Red Queen which is being released in February with sweaty palms.

Then Ms. Bujold put out another series, the free sample I read only whetted my appetite for more.

The Sharing Knife part of The Wide Green World Series

Beguilement

Legacy

Passage

Horizon

Ms. Bujold has another series out there which I haven't as of yet read.  However it IS on my list of books to buy.

One thing you will notice about ALL of Ms. Bujold's works, is that she builds a coherent word picture of the world her stories inhabit, and if you close your eyes you can almost see it for yourself.

THAT is good writing.

To see her Amazon.com Authors Page click on the following Link: Lois McMaster Bujold

No comments: