The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Arex - REX ZERO 1 - Sponsors - Financial Life



After watching that video and reading the TTAG Review, plus watching Tim at MAC various video's on with the REX ZERO 1, I would actually consider trying to put one in the budget.  I'm finding prices between $579 to $699 which means that it would be at least next year before I would be able to put one in the budget. 

I'm still pre-paying down my W.W. Greener Mark III shotgun and the ROBO3D Printer I got for my sons.  Once I get them paid off, I could set one of these in the monthly budget, and it would take me 3-4 months to set aside the funds for one. 

As my readers should know, if I or a friend doesn't own it, I don't shoot it or write about it.  I don't do T&E guns.

When I tested the Sellier&Bellot 2.5 inch Tactical Slugs, I borrowed a rifled slug barrel and purchased a Carlson rifled choke even though I was offered a T&E Mossberg 500 with a rifled barrel from a certain distributor, who I will NOT name.

The main reason I don't do T&E firearms?  I can't afford to pay the $25.00 FFL Paperwork fee to pickup and send back any T&E firearms.  $50.00 bucks just to test a firearm I'd STILL have to supply ammo for as well?  Yes Eric at Ammoman.com, sends me ammo a couple times a year and Lucky Gunner, sends me a Christmas gift every year, I think I need to send Target Sports USA an e-mail, they haven't sent me anything in over 2 years other than the Kel-Tec Sub2000 I paid full price for.

CDNN and Centerfire Systems don't pay or give me anything, I just buy stuff from them and I've never had any issues other than 2 small things they made right  within 5 days.  I just figured my readers would like to see some deals.  That's why I post their ads.  I DON'T however have banner ads for them on the blog like I do Ammoman, Lucky Gunner, and Target Sports USA.

I DO need to find someone local to me who has a rimfire suppressor and is a member of the same range as I am.  I need to test some ammo Eric sent me and I really want to see how they do through a suppressor on my Beretta 71, Kimber 1911 .22 conversion, Henry AR-7 and Chiappa Little Badger. 

I'd like to get one myself sometime, but it's just NOT in the budget.  It would take me at least 7 months to set aside all the funds necessary, and with kids, there would always be something of higher priority that would tap those funds.


I'm rambling and I've already written a bunch of stuff which I stripped back out because I'm rambling.

So, I'm hoping this weekend to get to the range with at least one of the boys so I can finish my video on the Savage Model 24.

I'm going to schedule some posts and lie down for a bit.

No comments: