The Replica Prop Forum

The Replica Prop Forum
Very cool site I am also a member of

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Show me your hands

Send me a picture of your hands. Palm up and palm down. If you are a blogger also send me the URL of your blog. Lets try to see if we can identify the hands of bloggers and see if their hands reflect their lives. If you are not a blogger and just a reader, if you send me the pics also include a brief history of your hands. The types of labor they have performed, and scars and their stories. I'll start with mine.




My right hand has been broken more than 14 times, you can see how it swells out slightly. My index finger and pinky finger on it have each been broken a time or two. My left hand has only been broken twice. My left ring finger has been broken twice. The first time I had to get my wedding band cutoff my finger, after that I stopped wearing rings for many years. And my thumb in a motorcycle accident. I have many scars from cuts and burns, from working on cars, getting into a fight with a knife wielding perp when working security. I had my left thumbnail ripped out when my hand slipped while working on a car with the engine running.



My left thumb doesn't bend all the way anymore, and my left index finger sometimes decides to not bend at all unless I make it. I have callouses from working on cars, guns and doing carpentry and other general things. Some mornings my arthritis is so bad I can't even open my hands and they are like claws at the ends of my arms useful only for swinging around until I can get them to function. My hands tell a story about me. About the life I've lead. there are a few things I wish hadn't happened, but I doubt I'd be the person I am today if they hadn't.

So, show me your hands. If you have a blog, you can post a pic or to on your blog, or you can send them to me with a little history. Maybe we can make a game out of it and identify the blogger by their hands. If you don't have a blog you can send me your pics with a little paragraph or two about your hands. and I'll post them here on the blog.

No comments: